Spain’s Josep Garcia (KTM) has hit the ground running at round three of the WPTGlobal FIM EnduroGP World Championship by topping the GP of Italy Akrapovic Super Test. Fastest by less than two tenths of a second, Garcia takes an early lead in Carpineti over Italy’s Thomas Oldrati (Honda), with EnduroGP championship leader Wil Ruprecht (TM Racing) third.
- Josep Garcia quickest in the GP of Italy Akrapovic Super Test
- Garcia extends his lead in the Super Test classification
- The top six were separated by just two seconds
Getting the GP of Italy underway in style, Friday’s Akrapovic Super Test in Carpineti didn’t disappoint. Always a contender for the fastest time, Garcia held true to form putting in a near-perfect run to get the job done.
Oldrati looked poised to grab the Super Test limelight on home soil with his time standing strong. But with Garcia finding an extra two tenths of a second, he had to settle for second. Ruprecht was hot on his heels for third and will be fired up to keep that momentum rolling tomorrow.
Behind the three were a trio of Italian riders filling out the remainder of the top six placings. Andrea Verona (GASGAS) edged out Alex Salvini (Husqvarna) by one hundredth of a second for fourth. With Salvini fifth, Matteo Cavallo (TM Racing) was sixth.
Dipping a toe back into EnduroGP waters, FIM Hard Enduro World Champion Billy Bolt (Husqvarna) was seventh, ahead of defending EnduroGP champion Brad Freeman (Beta) in eighth. Brazil’s Bruno Crivilin (Honda) and France’s Theo Espinasse (Beta) completed the top ten.
Enduro Junior was a closely fought battle for the top time. France’s Zach Pichon (Sherco) narrowly beat Italy’s Enrico Rinaldi (GASGAS) by four hundredths of a second to seal the deal. Great Britain’s Jed Etchells (Fantic) slotted into third.
The Enduro Youth category saw Britain’s Harry Edmondson (Fantic) convincingly set the fastest time over France’s Thibault Giraudon (Sherco), with Portugal’s Frederico Rocha (Fantic) third.
Results: GP of Italy Akrapovic Super Test
- Josep Garcia (KTM) 1:36.50
- Thomas Oldrati (Honda) 1:36.67
- Wil Ruprecht (TM) 1:37.04
- Andrea Verona (GasGas) 1:37.94
- Alex Salvini (Husqvarna) 1:37.95
- Matteo Cavallo (TM) 1:38.56
- Billy Bolt (Husqvarna) 1:38.70
- Brad Freeman (Beta) 1:39.23
- Bruno Crivilin (Honda) 1:39.83
- Theophile Espinasse (Beta) 1:39.98